Friday, June 15, 2012

12 Days

WoooooHooooo! We passed our New York State inspection and the King is ready to go!

**so, apparently the original picture I had here was of the registration, not the inspection. Here's the inspection sticker...

In a little twist of irony, the husbands truck did NOT pass inspection and needed some repairs, so on Monday he had to head out and pick the boys up from school in the motor home. Anyone who has ever tried to navigate a busy school parking lot at dismissal knows it's hard enough to dodge buses, pedestrians and other parents in a regular sized vehicle. It's impossible to be inconspicuous in that situation in a 27 foot, 1985 motor home and apparently he drew a bit of a crowd. The boys thought it was awesome though, and would probably enjoy this type of ride everyday!

We haven't exactly had a problem free week though. The little dude wasn't feeling great last weekend and by Monday night he had a sore throat and headache so we knew he had something going on. I took him in for a strep test, which came back negative, so we figured whatever it was would run its course in another day or two. It didn't, and yesterday afternoon he appeared to have developed some kind of eye infection, so back to the pediatrician we went. They quickly ruled out an infection or an injury, as he had spent most of the week laying on the couch, but were very concerned that his eyelid was drooping and he couldn't follow a moving object with his left eye. They called and sent us to an Ophthalmologist last night and now we are waiting for an insurance referral for an MRI early next week. The doctor we saw believes that whatever virus was making him sick earlier in the week is now affecting the nerves that control the muscles around his eye and as the virus clears up, his eye will too. The MRI is just a precaution, but could hold us up depending on what they find. He's feeling better, though we'll be keeping things on the quiet side this weekend. Tonight the husband took the teen to scout camp for the weekend and the middle guy was at the fifth grade pool and pizza party, so the little dude and I snuggled on the couch, popped some popcorn and watched a movie. It was a nice way to spend an evening, and we're hoping to get back on track early next week! Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.

I have finally finished up some new cushions for the King, they came out pretty well, with some help from my mom and dad!

We will be cleaning up and setting up the inside of the King this weekend, and I'll try to get some more pictures! We're hoping for a more uneventful last week of school and a trouble free departure in just 12 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment